Introduction to Couples Counseling
Have you started asking yourself, "Is there marriage counseling near me?" Are you and your partner having issues and looking for free online couples counseling? Or are you looking for sites where you can get couples therapy techniques to recover your relationship? You're not alone. Many of today's couples are choosing couples counseling online to learn how to resolve their relationship issues. This article discusses some of the best online couples counseling options available and online couples counseling long-distance relationships. Finally, we'll look at options for free online couples counseling chat and provide information on how you can find online couples counseling free.
You may ask, "Is there a marriage counselor near me?" Let's start with some of the best online couples counseling sites.
Couples Counseling Online - How It Works
- If you've ever attended a traditional in-office therapy session, you may have some idea of what an online couples counseling session will be like. Online counseling sessions are conducted just like in-office sessions. The only difference is where couples and their therapists are located. When couples take part in counseling online, they choose their therapy provider or platform based on their needs.
- Most couples get started with a free consultation or free online couples counseling chat.
- Once couples choose their provider, the next step is to decide how they will attend counseling.
- After you've decided how you'll take part in therapy and scheduled an appointment with your therapist online, the next step is to go to therapy.
- You and your partner can go to therapy from the same location or log in from two different locations. You and your therapist can form online couples counseling long-distance relationships to help keep you and your partner on track. Your therapy session will be a three-way question and answer session where everyone has the opportunity to ask and answer questions.
Therapeutic Assessment And Benefits
- Once the question and answer portion of the therapy is over, your therapist will make recommendations and provide goals and exercises for you and your partner to complete in between therapy. You'll receive a treatment plan that outlines your relationship's strengths and weaknesses based on your therapy session. In upcoming sessions, the couple and therapist will track the couple's progress and noticeable improvements.
- Loving couples experiencing a rough patch - but are serious about keeping or saving their relationships have another option.
- When couples go to therapy, they learn to look at their relationships from a new perspective and better communication skills. Having a couples therapist in the room when important topics are discussed helps couples recognize their intimacy issues and create better strategies to deal with relationship challenges.
- Couples who attend therapy online have the added benefit of attending therapy online from wherever they have an uninterrupted internet connection. Regardless of their location, couples can log in for therapy using compatible desktops, laptops, tablets, and mobile devices. Gone are the days of having to sit in traffic or worrying about missing your couple's therapy appointment.
Best Couples Counseling Sites Online
- We've just established that finding free relationship counseling online is possible. Now that you know how couples counseling sites work and some of the benefits of couples counseling, let's look at some of the best couples counseling sites online. Following, we provide details on two popular subscription-based couples therapy sites - ReGain.us and BetterHelp.com.
- ReGain.us is a leading couples therapy provider specializing in providing couples with therapy and counseling from board-certified relationship therapists. ReGain counseling is the only therapy platforms online that are dedicated solely to the topic of love and relationships.
- The ReGain.us platform providers have a minimum of 2000 hands-on clinical hours, which means that the therapists here are experts. ReGain therapists hold an advanced degree related to their primary area of practice.
- BetterHelp has the following certified mental health professionals on staff.
- Licensed Professional Counselors
- Licensed Social Workers
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- If one or another partner is suffering from chronic mental health issues like depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and bipolar disorder (BPD), in addition to attending your regular couple's therapy session, couples can also take advantage of individual counseling services.
- If one or the other partner is suffering from diagnosed or undiagnosed mental health issues, this can seriously affect your relationship quality. People who are suffering from mental illness often experience symptoms that intimate partners and families attribute to disinterest - when, in fact, they are related to an underlying mental health issue.
Common symptoms for people suffering from mental health-related issues are:
Loss of interest in activities that used to bring them joy.
Issues functioning at work, home, and school.
Apathy towards life in general.
Degradation in their physical appearance or personal hygiene
- While this isn't a comprehensive list - if you see signs of either you or your partner, understanding that there may be a deeper issue in your relationship can help you both be more compassionate towards each other as you get to the bottom of the issue and back on track to a happier life.
Free Online Couples Counseling Sites
- If you would rather start with a free option for couples counseling online, a few leading sites offer online counseling free. Online counseling is a form of introductory therapy with trained coaches and listeners who can provide advice. The main difference between free online therapy and paid therapy is that when you visit a therapist, you're getting advice from highly-educated, trained, and degreed professionals who are licensed to provide therapeutic advice.
- When you chat with an expert or coach, these are people who have on the job training or experience in their relevant field of counseling that doesn't have any licenses or degrees. Either choice may be the best option for you depending on your needs and financial situation - but it's important to understand the differences between them. Now that you have a better idea of how free online counseling sites work let's look at a popular free site.
7 Cups Of Tea
- The 7 Cups of Tea is designed for individuals and couples who have been having issues in their relationships and seek guidance and support from trained experts.
- The only identifying information you need to provide is an email address for contacts related to your sessions, including notes, upcoming appointments, and other related resources.
- People like using the 7 Cups of Tea platform because it provides them with an outlet and real-life advice when struggling with issues and can't find a solution. Free counseling sites like 7 Cups help people find relief regardless of whether they have health insurance or can afford to pay a licensed professional.
- As long as you understand that the sessions with 7 Cups listeners aren't intended to replace medical or therapeutic advice, then you're all set. If you decide that you want to take it one step further and try paid therapy while you're on the platform, there's an option for that too.
- Today's flexible therapy options are making it easier for couples and mental health seekers to find relief online - at a price that they can afford.
- Now that you have the inside scoop on online couples counseling understand the benefits of couples therapy, and know where to get started online, free. You're one step closer than you were before to healing your intimate relationships. If you're ready to take the next step, contact a licensed therapy professional at BetterHelp.com to get started today.