The 7 Benefits Of Seeking Out Online Counseling
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Online Counseling And Therapy
What is the best online counseling?
Numerous websites are offering online therapy services, which can make it very difficult to make a decision. As a person who seeks therapy online, you need to very strategic in making your decision. However, when choosing an online therapy program, you need to consider the services they provide, reviews, client relations, and your mental health needs. Online therapy allows communication through various mediums: phone calls, video conferencing, text messages. However, to select the best online counseling, you need to take into consideration your needs. Perhaps if you have a shy personality and may feel uncomfortable having a face-to-face conversation during a video, call you having the option to text or have an audio call.
Online therapy offers a range of these opportunities leaving you with the best options to suit your needs. When you are making this decision, you should ask yourself, “what do I seek to gain from online therapy?” This would offer you more clarity on the best online counseling that is well suited for you.
Can I talk to a counselor online for free?
There is a wide range of online therapy sites offering varying online therapy services to clients across the world, which are often paid for. A few online therapy programs may offer a free package but often require that you upgrade to a paid version for proper consultation. However, you can usually book a consultation to inquire about the services offered and how they may relate to your needs. This would provide you with clarity on the best online therapy services that would meet all your needs.
Is online counseling effective?
It isn't exactly uncommon to find people questioning online counseling's effectiveness because they are used to traditional, physical counseling. Online counseling offers you the same benefits as the traditional form of counseling. Online therapy programs are the same as the one you would get in a physical setting, only that this time you can be anywhere in the world and video conference with your therapist. You can allay your fears as the reviews of clients from across the world proves that online counseling is an effective form of therapy.
Is online therapy cheaper?
Although many controversies surround online therapy because it is a relatively new subject, online therapy services have proven to be more affordable than physical therapy. This is perhaps because it eliminates the need for office space and the maintenance that comes with it. Online therapy is more affordable.
Does insurance pay for online counseling?
It is possible that you may be feeling overwhelmed by the possible cost of online counseling, and as such, you are seeking assurance that your insurance company would cover the cost. However, it all depends on your carrier, that is the insurance company you patronize. Some insurance companies cover the total cost of online counseling, and some cover the cost of sessions that they consider medically necessary and while some choose not to. As such, the only way to know if your insurance would cover your online therapy, online counseling needs is to contact your insurance company. However, it is important to note that insurance companies are becoming more enlightened about online counseling. Therefore, you have a higher chance of getting the cost of your online therapy covered by your insurance company. The only way to know for certain if your insurance company would cover your online therapy cost is to get in touch with them. You can either call your service provider or log into their website to get more information on your insurance covers.
What are the pros and cons of Internet-based counseling?
There are numerous benefits of internet-based counseling (online therapy, online counseling), making it a reasonable choice for many seeking therapy. However, there are several pros and cons associated with consulting online therapists. Understanding these pros and cons will help you decide as to if online therapy is your best option. They hardly have mental healthcare centers and, as a result, may have to drive a long distance to get help. This usually takes time, and it is often a draining trip considering the distance leaving online therapy as the best option.
This removes the problem of mobility for them as they can have a therapy session with their therapist right in their rooms. Also, the office of a therapist may not be well suited to accommodate. For instance, it would be difficult for a man with physical limitations to climb up a fleet of stairs when going for an appointment with the therapist.
Online therapy has proven to be not only affordable but also very convenient for clients. Clients with very busy schedules can have a therapy session during the breaks at work, in their car, and in their homes. It is easier to schedule therapy sessions to suit your schedule therapy in a place of your convenience. The perks of this are that you get to have a therapy session with your therapist from any place in the world at a more affordable rate. However, internet-based counseling isn't without glitches.
Although online therapy is more affordable, some individuals may experience difficulty covering the costs because some insurance companies do not cover the expenses. However, this can be easily sorted by consulting with an insurance company that would cover the costs of your online therapy session. Online therapy excels because of technology, and in a situation that there is a technological glitch, online therapy may not be very effective. However, this shouldn't be a reason to dissuade you from online therapy because your car can equally break down before your trip to the therapist, or rather you may be stuck in traffic. These glitches are only temporary and can be fixed in time for you to resume therapy.
Some states' rules may not allow youth to patronize online therapists that are out of state. However, to prevent this from being a problem, you should check for online therapy programs licensed in your home state. However, regardless of the cons, internet-based counseling may pose as a very reasonable choice for people considering therapy.
What is the best free online counseling?
Where can I talk to someone for free?
How much should online therapy cost?
How much does therapy online cost?
Further Reading About Online Counseling
- How To Get Started With Free Online Counseling — In 5 Easy Steps!: https://www.mytherapist.com/advice/counseling/how-to-get-started-with-free-online-counseling-in-5-easy-steps/
- Are You Feeling Lonely? Online Counseling Is Here To Help: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/counseling/are-you-feeling-lonely-online-counseling-is-here-to-help/
- Online Counseling UK Success Stories: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/counseling/online-counseling-uk-success-stories/
- 5 Surprising Things About Online Counseling Services: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/counseling/5-surprising-things-about-online-counseling-services/
- Online Counseling Service Studies: What Conditions Can Be Helped: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/counseling/online-counseling-service-studies-what-condition-can-be-helped/
- How Effective Is Online Counseling For Depression?: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/depression/how-effective-is-online-counseling-for-depression/
- The Benefits Of Online Counseling Chat: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/chat/the-benefits-of-online-counseling-chat/
- Benefits Of Online Counseling: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/counseling/benefits-of-online-counseling/
- How Much Does An Online Counseling Chat Cost?: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/chat/how-much-does-an-online-counseling-chat-cost/
- Online Therapy Jobs & Online Counseling Jobs. Explained Best For 2020 | BetterHelp: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/careers/all-about-online-counselor-jobs-making-a-career-of-online-therapy/
- Free Online Counseling Services For Chronic Mental Health Symptoms: What’s The Catch?: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/counseling/free-online-counseling-services-for-chronic-mental-health-symptoms-whats-the-catch/
Therapy Is Personal - Online Counseling Makes It Easier Than Ever To Address Your Mental Health Issues Such As Depression, Stress, And Anxiety
If you need a crisis hotline or want to learn more about therapy, please see below:
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network) - 1-800-656-4673
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-7233
- NAMI Helpline (National Alliance on Mental Illness) - 1-800-950-6264
For more information on mental health, please see:
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) SAMHSA Facebook, SAMHSA Twitter, SAMHSA LinkedIn
- Mental Health America, MHA Twitter, MHA Facebook, MHA Instagram, MHA Pinterest, MHA LinkedIn
- WebMD, WebMD Facebook, WebMD Twitter, WebMD Pinterest, WebMD LinkedIn
- NIMH (National Institute of Mental Health), NIMH Facebook, NIMH Twitter,NIMH YouTube, NIMH LinkedIn
- APA (American Psychiatric Association), APA Twitter, APA Facebook, APA LinkedIn, APA Instagram
Get Help Now
- Emergency: 911
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1- 800-799-7233
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- National Hopeline Network: 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
- Crisis Text Line: Text “DESERVE” TO 741-741
- Lifeline Crisis Chat (Online live messaging):https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/
- Self-Harm Hotline: 1-800-DONT CUT (366-8288)
- Family Violence Helpline: 1-800-996-6228
- Planned Parenthood Hotline: 1-800-230-PLAN (7526)
- American Association of Poison Control Centers: 1-800-222-1222
- National Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependency Hope Line: 1-800-622-2255
- National Crisis Line - Anorexia and Bulimia: 1-800-233-4357
- LGBTQ+ Hotline: 1-888-843-4564
- TREVOR Crisis Hotline: 1-866-488-7386
- AIDS Crisis Line: 1-800-221-7044
- Veterans Crisis Line:https://www.veteranscrisisline.net
- TransLifeline:https://www.translifeline.org - 877-565-8860 APA Youtube
- Suicide Prevention Wiki:http://suicideprevention.wikia.com